Sources of freshly cut local Christmas trees in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario include:
- Floods Christmas Trees – Moose Lodge (Trunk Road)
- Maki Farm – 195 Maki Road - 705-254-1689
- Marshall's – Follow the signs from 2nd Line and Carpin Beach Road - 705-779-2423
- Mockingbird Hill Farm – 943 Landslide Road - 705-253-4712
Clean North’s Christmas tree collection depot will open December 26 in the northwest corner of the Cambrian Mall parking lot. We will be collecting ONLY the following items for reuse and/or recycling:
- Real Christmas trees and branches
- Clean white packing styrofoam
- Books in good condition for resale by the Friends of the Library
- Blankets and towels for the Humane Society.
Clean North volunteers will be at the depot on a daily basis, mainly in the afternoon and early evening. The depot is open 24/7 for drop offs. If no volunteers are around when you visit, please put your tree near the pile of trees and any styrofoam, books, and blankets/towels in the on-site covered container.
Interested in volunteering to help at the collection depot? Cntact Clean North at 705-945-1573 (please leave a message) or email@example.com.
The depot will receive material though Saturday, January 9, 2016.
Tree chipping will take place Sunday January 10, at 8 a.m. and mulch will be available at about 10 a.m.