The City of Sault Ste. Marie has begun a Transportation Master Plan (TMP) Study. The intent is to develop a pragmatic 20 year transportation plan that will help the city plan its road and street network in an orderly fashion while ensuring public funds are spent wisely.
The study reflects the city’s desire to develop a sustainable transportation system, one that is:
- friendly to motorists, pedestrians and cyclists
- responsive to the needs of the natural environment
- supportive of the local economy
This study will be carried out according to the requirements of the Municipal Class Environmental Assessment (EA) process. A key component will be consultation with stakeholders, regulatory agencies and the general public. Anyone with an interest in this study can get involved and provide input through:
- An online public opinion survey
- Two public information centres (information specifying time and location will be published at least two weeks in advance on the city's website and in local newspapers)
Anyone with interest in the study can contact the project team at any time by clicking on the Feedback page and completing the feedback form.
The City of Sault Ste. Marie welcomes your input and invites you to get involved!